I have a file with 3 columns.
1. Column 2 needs to be deleted.
2. All rows with -99.0000 need to be deleted.
3. Data in the original column 3 should be converted into monthly averages and will be in column 2 since the original column 2 will be deleted. The number of rows will vary in each average due to deleted rows and different days per month. Data should be averaged to the nearest hundredth.
4. Column 1 should reflect the year and month only since the day will not longer be included for a monthly average.
5. A new column 3 will be created will 12 month binned averages. So the third column won't start until month 12 since 12 data points are needed and rows 1-11 will only have two columns of data and the 3rd column of data begins from row 12.
See attached input file.
Assuming the file perl file is called irradianceavg.pl or the shell script file is called irradianceavg.sh and creates an output file called irradianceavg.txt and I want to called the the script by either
perl /path/irradianceavg.pl > /path/irradianceavg.txt
sh /path/irradianceavg.sh > /path/irradianceavg.txt
I want to use the input file found at /path/irradiance.txt