1. Column 2 needs to be deleted.
2. All rows with -99.0000 need to be deleted.
3. Data in the original column 3 should be converted into monthly averages and will be in column 2 since the original column 2 will be deleted. The number of rows will vary in each average due to deleted rows and different days per month. Data should be averaged to the nearest hundredth.
4. Column 1 should reflect the year and month only since the day will not longer be included for a monthly average.
5. A new column 3 will be created will 12 month binned averages. So the third column won't start until month 12 since 12 data points are needed and rows 1-11 will only have two columns of data and the 3rd column of data begins from row 12.
See attached input file.
Assuming the file perl file is called irradianceavg.pl or the shell script file is called irradianceavg.sh and creates an output file called irradianceavg.txt and I want to called the the script by either
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.