Sharepoint 2010 - No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options.

I have a clean install of SharePoint 2010.  All Sharepoint services and/or roles are installed on the same server.  When I try to add a domain user I get the below error.

No exact match was found. Click the item(s) that did not resolve for more options.
gopher_49Asked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Justin SmithSr. System EngineerCommented:
Are the users from the same domain that SharePoint is joined to?
0
gopher_49Author Commented:
yes
0
Newly released Acronis True Image 2019

In announcing the release of the 15th Anniversary Edition of Acronis True Image 2019, the company revealed that its artificial intelligence-based anti-ransomware technology – stopped more than 200,000 ransomware attacks on 150,000 customers last year.

gopher_49Author Commented:
I've read through this before..  WHICH solution pertains to my problem?  I guess later today I can try all of them..  There is only a few suggestions that I haven't already tried.

You would think this would just work out of the box?!
0
Justin SmithSr. System EngineerCommented:
I've deployed probably 100 farms in the past 4 years and all of them have been able to resolve people out of the box.

Maybe you should run the config wizard again.

The solution I was referring to is the set account directory path.
0
gopher_49Author Commented:
I've already set the account directory path yesterday...  It first showed the below path for the user path.  When I run the set command with my domain info it appended the path to the users... It's also below...

<SiteUserAccountDirectoryPath />

<SiteUserAccountDirectoryPath>CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local</SiteUserAccountDirector
yPath>

With the above path it still can't find the users and I have a few users in the the 'Users' container.  

Now, maybe I should explain the install process I did...  I've done this twice with the same results...  

I did the complete option and pointed to an existing SQL install for I didn't want to use SQL express.  Is that maybe the problem?  This is just a lab so I can restore my VM back to any state if needed in the event a reinstall makes sense... I did two clean installs using the complete option... Should I try something else?
0
gopher_49Author Commented:
The problem ended up being being a messed up Win2008 install.  I used the same image on a web server and it had issues resolving AD names.  I created a fresh win2008 r2 image and it works now.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
gopher_49Author Commented:
I finally figured it out myself...  It was such an odd issue I assumed it was something to do with my win2008 install
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft SharePoint

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.