I have recently completed a migration from SBS 2008 Standard to SBS 2011 Standard.
During this process I follow the Microsoft white paper and all appeared to have went well.
2-3 days after the migration was completed and the existing SBS 2008 server was decommissioned external email/push email stopped working. I have 2 iPhones and 1 iPad that were setup to the server via the standard remote.domain.com address that worked fine until that point.
Since that time I have completed the following trouble shooting steps without success:
* Restarted the server
* Deleted and recreated all rules in router
* Completed all windows updates
* Completed all Exchange updates and roll ups
* Purchased and installed an SSL Certificate
* Found an old certificate relating to the old server and removed
* Re-installed the newly purchased Certificate
* Manually installed the certificate on the iPhone devices
* Removed all mail accounts and network settings on the iPhone and iPad devices, recreated the mail account
* Created a brand new account on the SBS 2011 server and tried to connect via an iPhone and iPad device
* Confirmed that when on Wireless (same network as server) mail works without issue
* Confirmed shortly after disconnecting from the wireless mail continues to work for a short period of time but then stops (no changes made to phone or server when this stops can can be anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes later).
* After a server restart mail will work to 1-2 out of the 3 devices but not all at the same time and will eventually stop.
I am literally at wits end trying to resolve the issue and would be very appreciative if anyone could point me in the right direction!!
OS: SBS 2011
Exchange: 2010 SP1 Rollup 6
iPhone: 4S on latest update
iPad: 2 on latest update