Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of Daniel993
Daniel993Flag for Luxembourg

asked on

Error connecting to Oracle Apex DB Home Page

Hi Experts

I’ve been trying to install Oracle XE 11g and I keep receiving the infamous error

could not connect to 127.0.0.1:8080

I’ve tried a few things and been over what seems most of the internet but I can’t quite get to the bottom of it, so what am I missing?
This seemed to be a similar situation: Oracle Link


After getting the abovementioned error I ran services.msc and started

OracleServiceXE
OracleXEClrAgent
OracleXETNSListener


Then In the command line checked the lsnrctl status

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-MAR-2012 17:00
:53

Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
STATUS of the LISTENER
------------------------
Alias                     LISTENER
Version                   TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Produ
ction
Start Date                17-MAR-2012 13:28:22
Uptime                    0 days 3 hr. 32 min. 34 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication
SNMP                      OFF
Default Service           XE
Listener Parameter File   C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\a
dmin\listener.ora
Listener Log File         C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\kasutaja-e3f985\li
stener\alert\log.xml
Listening Endpoints Summary...
  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))
  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=kasutaja-e3f985)(PORT=1521)))
Services Summary...
Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 3 handler(s) for this service...
Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
The command completed successfully

Open in new window


As you can see the reference to port 8080 is missing, so I did ns lookup
(hostname doesn’ t match ...could that be a problem)
 

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>nslookup kasutaja-e3f985
Server:  dsldevice.lan
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    kasutaja-e3f985.lan
Address:  192.168.1.71

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>nslookup 127.0.0.1
Server:  dsldevice.lan
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    dsldevice.lan
Address:  127.0.0.1

Open in new window


I also logged into SQLplus as admin and tried connecting and got the following response

Enter password:
Connected to an idle instance.

SQL>
SQL> select dbms_xdb.gethttport from dual;
select dbms_xdb.gethttport from dual
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
Process ID: 0
Session ID: 0 Serial number: 0

Open in new window


And below is also the host ping

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ping localhost

Pinging kasutaja-e3f985 [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Open in new window



And when trying to start it this is what happened.

Enter password:
Connected to an idle instance.

SQL> startup
ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
ORA-01565: error in identifying file 'C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\serv
er\dbs/spfileXE.ora'
ORA-27046: file size is not a multiple of logical block size
OSD-04012: file size mismatch (OS 2917)

Open in new window

ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of Sean Stuber
Sean Stuber

Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Avatar of Daniel993

ASKER

well...this is a bit awkward :)
I did the reinstall and everything works, I also upgraded APEX from 4.0 to 4.1.1 and encountered no errors. Nevertheless this was my third reinstall but this time I did the uninstall, system restore, and ran CCleaner just to be safe also allowed Windows to run it's updates restarted the PC and then reinstalled...so I guess a little spring cleaning was in order:)

Thanks sdstuber