Self Built Server Will Not Boot - Even After Hardware Replacement
Posted on 2012-03-18
Hello All -
I'm building a server for a client and came in it to work on it this weekend due to all of the issues it's had.
I bought a preassembled kit (CPU, RAM, MotherBoard, Case) from NewEgg, built it, and when powered on, got beep codes. I've tried everything I can think of including a full hardware replacement, but still get the same result.
Below are all of the details of the hardware as well as what I've tried. Please give me any suggestions you can think of. I'm onsite now so if you have time to answer now, I'dd appreciate it! - Thanks!
Motherboard - SUPER X9SCL
CPU - Intel Core 3 (i3-2100) LGA1155
RAM - 4GB PC3-10600 Model KVR1333D3S8R9SK2/4G
x2 1tb Hard Drives (SATA)
What I've Tried to Fix
- Initially, I hooked it all up as I've done a million times before. I powered it on and got only beep codes - no POST - nothing on screen. The beep codes are 5 short, then 1 long one. It repeats itself over and over again.
- NewEgg sent a replacement motherboard - same error
- I swapped out the RAM with some I bought from store - No beep codes, but still no POST, Boot, or display
- NewEgg sent me replacement CPU & RAM - same error
- Tried resetting CMOS / BIOS - nogo
- Found jumper for video card for internal / external - was set correctly
NOTE: I just now went and got some RAM from my home server. It's Kingston unbuffered. I inserted it and powered on. No beep codes, but nothing happens either weird!
A few other small things that didn't make a difference.
Please help!!! - Thanks!