hi, im already technically savvy and can do some design through windows 2003 and recently setting up basics of 2008 32bit as dont own 64 bit yet & recently isa 2006 basics providing internet access to internal domain users and a remote vpn client logging on from home but it would be preferable to me if i can find a step by step instruction book of how to configure stuff!
i have though discovered those windows pocket consultants and accidentally happened to find an online version and when i scrolled through i thought it was brilliant step by step instructions and troubleshooting specific tasks which i do realise!!!!!
although i have since lost that 'url' and cannot find it again i saw it even gave instructions of how to configure for a specific scenarios hyper-v which is something i wouldn't mind learning so can get a good grounding although i have used vmserver/workstation and 'dns' 3 to a basic level
ive always used google/ee etc and would just like to find a step by step of how to do specific tasks ie how to create some of the following:
- how to create an ad account
- how to configure dns
- how to configure gpo
- how to configure gpo rsop
- how to configure gpo wmi
- how to configure rras/radius for remote vpn clients
- sites services & domain etc
- everything to do with windows 2003/2008 obviously based on specific scenarios bia authors of those books
all of the above i have already done, but just wish to have a book in my hands. sometimes reading online gets monotonous, but to know i have a book i can just flick through is a good thing sometimes!!!
question 1. can anyone point me in the right direction for those (.pdf types i can just look and decide if i want and also the exact book version via ebay/amazon for example so i can find out the cost ?
- windows 2003 standard - setup already
- windows 2003 enterprise - never used yet
- windows 2003 r2 - never used yet
- windows 2008 standard - setup already
- windows 2008 enterprise - never used yet
- windows 2008 r2 - never used yet
- isa 2006 - setup already as above
- tmg - when i have 64 bit i can use evaluation copy to learn
- asa - not got relevant 'ios' yet to add to my routers although i could use 'gns3' as ive already learn some basics that far already