Error when running report in BOE Business Objects

Anyone tell me why I might get this error in BOE?  This is a formula in a crystal report.  The report runs fine when it is hitting the database outside of BOE.  But after it is loaded in BOE we keep getting the error at the bottom of this text.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a formula called DLOS.  The formula says:
if isnull({CLARITY_UCL_PB.PROCEDURE_ID}) then 0
else
if {CLARITY_UCL_PB.PROCEDURE_ID} in [110202,110204,110206,4,65737,102604,23646,23648,
23650,23652,23654,23656,23658,23660,23662,23664,160493]
then 1
else 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error in File ~tmp5ae86fcc76dd1a90.rpt: Error in formula DLOS: 'if ' A string is required here. Details: errorKind
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becky EdwardsEpic Clarity DeveloperAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Kurt ReinhardtSr. Business Intelligence Consultant/ArchitectCommented:
It sounds like the database connection/driver being used on the development machine isn't the same as what's being used on the Enterprise server.  One is recognizing the procedure code as numeric, the other isn't. You could test this by putting quotes around each of the procedure codes for the Enterprise version.

If you find that's the case, then you need to re-consider how you develop and publish your Clarity reports.  Best practices dictate having exactly the same type of connection for both developer and server machines.

Also, it's pretty common for Clarity fields to change datatypes between builds.  I've run into many situations where fields that were previously string/numeric changed to numeric/string.  You might try doing a simple "Verify Database" in Crystal Reports to see if the tables have changed.  I'm actually working on a project this week where I imported about 1500 EPIC Clarity reports from an old Enterprise Server to a new one.  I needed to modify about 50 reports and found at least 10 where the tables had changed since the report was last published.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Becky EdwardsEpic Clarity DeveloperAuthor Commented:
You were so right!!!!!  Opened the report up in Crystal on the BOE server and verified the database.  EPIC has changed the proc id to a string, and I didn't know it.  We changed everything and the report runs perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help!
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Crystal Reports

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.