I need to connect 2 core switches (both cisco 3650's) in 2 different buildings that are connected through F/O, the switches are not connected physically or logically yet. Below are some details and questions.
- EP1= existing running site with 2 vlans
- EP2= new site
- Task is to extend EP1 to EP2
- Planing to physically connect the 2 switches with 2 F/O media converters to an Ethernet port on each switch
- My understanding is that I'll have to configure on the port that I have connected the media converter as a "trunk" to enable the 2 switches to talk and pass through all vlan communication, do I configure both ports on both switches as trunk or just one?
- Do the trunk ports need IP address's?
- if anyone has commands to do the truncking that would be great
If I'm missing anything or you have suggestions that would help that would be great. Cheers