Access 2003 correct method to open a form that needs to be refreshed on a timed interval
Posted on 2012-03-20
1 - 5 working correctly, but is stopping me from doing a auto-refresh:
1. I have a Table (T1) in a working database (MDB1) that is having constant dao connections adding and/or deleting records, accessing and updating records real time.
2. I have a query (qMKTBL2) that access's T1 for a data collection, it makes a table (T2) in the working MDE (MDE2).
3. I have display form (Df2) that displays the data the data source is T2.
4. I have a Splash form (SPLSH1) that is the Startup Form, and on the open event it runs the qMKTBL2 query then calls the Df2 form.
5. This form also has a command button that calls qMKTBL2 and opens Df2.
Up till now this has all worked, Open the MDE, the StartUp Form is the SPLSH1, in the morning, allday long close the form and click the button on the SPLSH1 screen and the form re-opend with fresh data on it. Not very sophisticated, but it worked, now I need to add a Auto Refresh to the form on a timed interval.
What I need if this is all wrong is help with correct format and sequence of the events, so I can open it in the morning, and every X number of minuets it reloads the data, closes and reopens Df2 or refreshes Df2.
I can close the entire mde and reopen it, but even less sophisticated, I feel I have the foundation wrong. The only thing I can not do is keep a query attached to the T1, It needs to get in then get out.
I hope this is not to confusing,
Thank you for your time experts!