I have a table with a few encrypted fields using a Encryption function. This has worked for years (since 2006) but today I did a search using the encrypt function
eg select * from table1 where encrypted_field = dbo.data_encrypt('1111111111111111')
but it brings back no results but if I do
which returns XYXRE!dr257itcsWEE
and then search
select * from table1 where encrypted_field = XYXRE!dr257itcsWEE
it brings back over 400 records.
We have recently changed from SQL2005 to SQL 2008. other than that I can't think of anything else. It also seems that the records are all from before we did the changeover