[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1216
  • Last Modified:

Crystal Reports in asp.net stopped working

I have several CR reports set up using VS 2010 and CR 2010 for VS. They were working perfectly yesterday. Now all of them are giving me this error:

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be
opened in the C++ stack.

Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unsupported Operation. A
document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

Line 48:     private void SetDBLogonForReport(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
Line 49:     {
Line 50:         TableLogOnInfos tableLogOnInfos = crystalReportViewer.LogOnInfo;
Line 51:         foreach (TableLogOnInfo tableLogOnInfo in tableLogOnInfos)
Line 52:         {

This is the code that I'm using that was working perfectly.

string reportPath = ("~/customreports/AP_TRANS_GL_POSTINGS2.rpt");
ConnectionInfo connectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo();
     connectionInfo.ServerName = "sdwinsql03v";
     connectionInfo.DatabaseName = "fin_prod";
     connectionInfo.UserID = "xxx";
     connectionInfo.Password = "xxx";
     crystalReportViewer.ReportSource = reportPath;
     SetDBLogonForReport(connectionInfo);
}

private void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        ConfigureCrystalReports();
    }

private void SetDBLogonForReport(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)

    {
         TableLogOnInfos tableLogOnInfos = crystalReportViewer.LogOnInfo;
        foreach (TableLogOnInfo tableLogOnInfo in tableLogOnInfos)
       {
            tableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = connectionInfo;
      }
}

What would cause them to quit working?
0
Carla Romere
Asked:
Carla Romere
  • 6
  • 4
1 Solution
 
GJParkerCommented:
What has changed since yesterday, have you changed the reports ? has someting on t database changed ?

I would check your database connection and user account to make sure it is still able to connect
0
 
mlmccCommented:
WHat changed overnight on the system?

mlmcc
0
 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
I have narrowed it down to the path to the reports, however, nothing has changed since yesterday other than the authentication method on the IIS server. If I move the report into the website, it pulls up just fine. But, I can't do that as a permanent solution. I need help figuring out why the path isn't working. It's configured as a Virtual Directory in IIS pointing to the other server where the report files are actually located.
0
Upgrade your Question Security!

Add Premium security features to your question to ensure its privacy or anonymity. Learn more about your ability to control Question Security today.

 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
Only the authentication method on IIS 7.5. It was set to Anonymous, but then I wasn't able to get the logged in user's name and that's required on many reports. So I changed the authentication to Windows and Digest, which is now working correctly. I even removed the virtual directory and re-added it, but it's still not working.
0
 
GJParkerCommented:
How have you changed the authentication method ? sounds like the user account running the application doesn't have permissions to the new report location.
0
 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
Ok I am NOT a server engineer and am really flying blind here with the help of Google and Experts-Exchange. Someone in the IIS group helped me get the authentication working. I changed from Anonymous Authentication to Digest Authentication Enabled (no realm entered) and Windows Authentication, Extended Protection=Accept, Enable Kernel-mode authentication=False, Providers=NTLM, Negotiate (in that order). As far as the user account running the application, where do I find that?
0
 
GJParkerCommented:
I'm not an IIS expert but I think this will be the user account set in the applications  Application Pool, you can check and change this using the link below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771170%28WS.10%29.aspx

You might get better help by posting this in the IIS forum as this isn't really a crystal issue.
0
 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
When I first posted it, I didn't know what the problem was. But now that I know that is the problem, I could repost it in IIS if the above link doesn't get me where I need to be.
0
 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
That was the problem. Once I changed the ApplicationPool identity to the user I'd given read/write access to the reports folder, it started working again. Thanks!
0
 
GJParkerCommented:
Glad you got it working.

Just a note, if you;re going to be running multiple applications on this server you might want to create new ApplicationPools for each individual application.
0
 
Carla RomereDirector of Information TechnologyAuthor Commented:
There are separate app pools so far. Right now all that's running is one web app and Sharepoint 2010 Foundation and they do have separate app pools. Geesh, talk about a crash course in server engineering! This has been nuts, but I've learned a lot for sure!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 6
  • 4
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now