Network issues after installing Netgear GS724TS Smart Stackable Switch
Posted on 2012-03-24
We just upgraded part of our network to a Netgear GS724TS smart stackable gigabit switch. Now we're having all kinds of issues.
Our network set is as follows.
(1) Sonic Wall TZ180
(1) Comcast Cable router
(1) Motorola DSL Router
(1) Intellinet 24 Port 10/100 Mbps "dumb" Switch
(1) Netgear GS724TS 24 Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Switch
The Comcast connection is our primary, and DSL is our backup connection as controlled by the SonicWall. The SonicWalls LAN port is connected to the Netgear as is the Intellinet switch. Our file server is connected to the Netgear as well.
We had a Zonet 10/100 Mbps "dumb" switch where the Netgear is now and the network was flawless (a little slow, but flawless).
After installing the Netgear we're having the following issues:
- VoIP phones (snom 320, 300, 720) weren't getting the right date and time and taking forever to register
- Intermittently able to VNC into other LAN connected computers
- Network printing is VERY slow
- A PC connected to the 10/100 "dumb" switch is rediculously slow accessing anything on the network especially if it's on the Netgear side of the network. (printing, accessing files, Quickbooks, etc)
We turned off STP and that seemed to resolve the issues with the phones getting the wrong date and time. We're still having the other issues though.
We usually use HP ProCurves but decided to play with a Netgear, I'm beginning to regret it. Thoughts?