Slow startup on Outlook 2010
Posted on 2012-03-27
1. I am using Outlook 2010 via hosted exchange at a large ASP.
2. When I launch Outlook 2010, it sits there for almost a minute BEFORE I see the authentication dialog box from Outlook 2010. While waiting, I see "Trying to connect..." on the lower right in the Outlook 2010 window.
3. When the authentication dialog box from Outlook 2010 does show up, I type in my password and hit OK. I then have to wait again for at least 2-3 minutes!
4. This is a new setup and I have NO email in my account. My Outlook is pointing to only this single account.
5. My password and other connectivity is fine; as OWA works just fine. Additionally, I have FiOS and my Internet connection is very fast.
6. I did call my hosted exchange providers; they were not able to help me much. They claimed that the problem may be in the Outlook 2010 settings.
Any ideas on how I can make my Outlook 2010 launch faster?