Publish DotNet component as Active-X
Posted on 2012-03-27
* I have a collegue working in Visual Studio (Enterprise edition I think)
* He is creating DotNet objects which include DotNet components, but for some of them we wish to provide an Active-X wrapper so that they can be used from within Visual Basic 6 (and Delphi-7)
* At present he is doing this manually, but it is fairly time consuming.
* I would have expected that since DotNet provides access to component properties using reflection that there would be a way of automatically publishing all the component properties in the Active-X component in Visual Studio but we have not been able to find one.
* If there is a way of doing this within Visual Studio I would be very happy to hear about it.
* Alternatively is there a tool available which would allow us to pick up a DotNet component and provide an Active-X wrapper and .tlb file to allow it to be used in a VB6 Project
* The language in use is C#