I'm desperately looking for someone to help me figure out how to configure a MSM760 Wireless Lan Controller with MSM 422 access points.
- Access Controller in VLAN1
- Access Points in several different VLAN's, some of them routed over a WAN connection. None in VLAN 1
- Firmware level 5.7
What I have been able to fix is...
- Have the Access Points actually find the controller and be able to configure them with SSID's.
- I have 2 SSID's currently on air, one of them a Guest network with HTML authentication page, the other with WPA encryption. Both SSID's use local IP addresses coming from a local address allocation pool in the 760 controller (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x), and both networks are NAT-ed to the wired (guest)network (10.0.0.x) The profiles have both "alway's tunnel" enabled.
What I additionally need
- I require the configuration of a 3rd SSID authenticated by 802.1x that needs to egress directly from the Access point into the wired network, as not to overload the 760 controller. I do get authenticated properly, however somehow it fails to aquire a DHCP address form the DHCP server running on that VLAN. When I attach a wired client to that VLAN, it does get DHCP, so the DHCP relaying agent on the core switch was configured properly. So ultimately the accesspoint should be working like a transparent device, extending my wireless network into the wired vlan.
When configuring a MSM422 in standalone mode, this is perfectly easy done, but as soon as a centralized 760 comes into play it fails to do so.
Can anyone shed some light on this?