I’ve created a series of macros to parse out some date ranges. I’m on the last part of it and I’m not able to get any farther. In each row, I need to compare a series of date ranges which are parsed out into columns like this:
ISSN | start date 1 | end date 1 | start date 2 | end date 2 | and so on . . . .
5555-5555 | 1976 | 1982 | 1984 | 1989 | 1978 |1981 | 1987 |2010
The example above needs to be parsed to the following:
555-5555 | 1976 |1982 | 1984 | 2010
Once a row is fully parsed, it’s moved to another sheet.
The macro runs fine for the first 2000 or so rows but then I get a Method ‘Delete’ of object ‘Range’ failed message. I’ve tried many solutions and just can’t figure this out. I need to eventually parse approx. 5,000 in total.
I’ve attached my excel workbook and then a text file that contains the macros. (I didn't think we could attach a macro-enabled workbook) In my workbook, my macro lives in Module 1. The data I’m parsing is in the sheet called ISSN. The sheet called final is where rows are moved when the row is finished being parsed.
If you look at the macro, you’ll understand what I’m trying to do a little better. It’s very hard to explain in words. Also, this is my first experience with writing a macro, so please let me know if you think I should be approaching this a different way – although I have little time left to work on this as the deadline is approaching. I really need to figure out a way to parse all these records.
Thank you in advance.