Excel Status Report Workbook Automation
Posted on 2012-03-28
Good day. I have a workbook that I use to give status reports to my project manager once a month. The workbook is as follows:
One worksheet has all tasks for the month and is where I do all of my initial entry. It has 6 columns with the following data:
1) Week Ending Date (drop down pulling form another worksheet with the ending dates of the projects e.g. January 2 - January 6)
2) Task Number (another drop down list pulling from another worksheet with different project categories e.g. 2.1-Newsletter)
3) State (if Applicable) (which I would enter the State in the USA that the task pertains to, can be empty)
4) Description (A description of the task, free text)
5) Date Completed (date the task was completed, entered by me)
6) Hrs to Complete (Hours taken to complete task)
The worksheet also has a running total of hours at the very bottom of the list.
Next there are 4 or 5 other worksheets, depending on the month and each of these worksheets is a breakdown per week of work
These worksheets are broken down by Time Period (which is the same as the Week Ending Date drop down above).
Also broken down by tasks (task numbers 1, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3, 4, 5) which are the same as the Task Number above.
Finally a total hours worked this week count at the very bottom of each worksheet.
My question is, I trying to make data entry simpler but am very new to Excel. How can I enter the data in one place and have it replicated into the other areas I need it to? Some detailed help would be grateful.