Our Primary DC offline- server.domain.local can't find nl: non-existent domain
Posted on 2012-03-28
Good Evening All,
During routine server updates our primary DC became unreachable.
We tried rebooting various servers and our ISA server, but that did not solve the problem.
An old DC that has been shut off for 6-9 months was still listed.
While this may have not been the smartest move, we forced the removal of the old dc and seized the Schema master and the Domain naming master FSMO roles.
We went through DNS and manually removed every entry of the old DC to try and resolve the problem. Through various support sites and offsite help we have attempted many things and it partially seems worse than before.
Unfortunately we do have a functioning backup to restore to.
We need a fresh approach and a fresh set of eyes for this problem. Thank you for you help.
Also please let me know what diagnostic information you might need.