I am in the initial stages of building a web site for those aggrieved by the legal system. That requires some unique capabilities that are different from a single person blog.
1. The users would initially apply for an account. It would be granted based on the situation.
2. The registrant would provide the Country, City, State, Court, and Prison Information. This would be indexed so that directories could be generated by country, state, county etc. that would allow drill down to that prison, court system, judge, DA etc. Bread crumb string, etc.
3. The content to be stored will be .pdf files, image files, text, html text, video, sound files, and zipped files.
4. It must be easy enough for someone with basic word processing skills to enter content.
5. Example of content would be user Mary Smith writing about how her husband has been falsely imprisoned and all of the circumstances surrounding the case. She would be able to post pictures, and upload sworn affidavits in PDFs.
6. A contact form so jurists could contact her.
7. If not too much work, I would like it to have a non-public area where the user could have other documents, such as police reports and court transcriptions, that a user could give jurists access to.
I've been a hand coder of PHP, CSS, and HTML, for our large commercial sites, but I don't want to spend ages developing all of this by hand. I have no experience with any CMS. I would be interested in your opinions as to which would best support what I'm attempting to accomplish.