exchange 2010 IP problem
Posted on 2012-03-30
presently we have two exchange servers 03 and 2010 still having a problem with send connector from the 2010 box. Looks like the default behavior is for the 03 box to send through the 2010 server.
Did start a question on this and did get pointed correctly at the limitations of connectors between the the two servers.The problem remains however,that the sent email has the wrong ip and is being blocked by spam filters.
1) both servers can communicate with no problems
2) outside emails are received by both servers
3) when i create a generic DNS based send connector all send emails from both servers end up in the 2010 queue.
4) sent emails are stamped with the new exchange server and the ip of our firewall
5) I have created a NAT pol in our Sonicwall from the new server to a public IP. Whatismyip at the server returns the correct ip.
6) an A record with published for the new server through our DNS service provider. servername resolves correctly. Reverse lookup does not.
Why is my outgoing email getting the ip of the firewall and not the ip of the mail server?
Should I publish another MX record for the new mail server while we move mailboxes and retire the old?