we have a dell poweredge 1900 server with 2 x 160gb SATA 2 hard drives mirrored
c: partition is running out of space
what is the best way to put 2 x 500g SATA 2 hard drives mirrored with all data and programs 'ghost' over?
want to check with you before we do anything. thought of 2 options.
1. since it is mirrored, is it ok to remove the 2nd drive and just connect a new 500 gb to let the drive controller to do the mirror repairs; will it keep the small c: partition as the old drive?
2. if 1. does not work, could we use norton ghost a 160gb to 500gb, then put a second 500gb for them to mirror
3. if 2 works, what is a good partition management software that can let us resize the c: partition.
4. thanks, we r new to that. Thanks very much for your advice. need someone did it before and other ways of accomplishing the job will be welcomed.
5. since it is a server, we need to be very careful and will do it during a weekend.
Thanks in advance.