cisco vwic card

We are informed that the E1 presentation will be G703. 75 ohm for cisco router... what  network card should be used? I am sure it will not be that connects to RJ48 connector...
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

TimotiStDatacenter TechnicianCommented:
According to the datasheet:

you might need a CAB-E1-RJ45BNC adapter cable. The module itself supports balanced and unbalanced mode.

totaramAuthor Commented:
so, what you are suggesting is one end connecting to BNC from supplier and other end connecting to router via RJ45 (as shown in the attached pitchure) ? I was under the impression that G703 75ohm presentation is via serial interface, with DB connector .. please comment..
TimotiStDatacenter TechnicianCommented:
As I know, the "75Ohm unbalanced" means a  BNC interface. If your telco provides a CSU/DSU unit which converts the E1 into serial, then you'll need a WIC-1T serial card.
You should clarify the interface with your provider, just to be sure that you are talking about the same thing.
SD-WAN: Making It Work for You

As bandwidth requirements and Internet costs grow, businesses naturally want to manage budgets by reducing reliance on their most expensive connection types. Learn more about how to make SD-WAN work for your business in our on-demand webinar!

totaramAuthor Commented:
Please see the attached picture, it is the picture I took from web and it says that it is serai port and card is G703 75 ohm. It does not have the BNC connector, and this is my main confusion..
TimotiStDatacenter TechnicianCommented:
This looks like a PA-4E1G card, which in fact uses DB-15. We used one of these with a DB-15 - BNC cable with our 7400 series router.
But as far as I know, no VWIC cards use this DB-15 interface anymore, they went with the RJ-48 jack with adaptor cables.
totaramAuthor Commented:
well, we have a requirement to deliver E1, and presentation is G703 75ohm unbalanced... so what I am hearing is that I will need to have bnc to RJ45 cable converter???
please confirm .. Can you provide a picture of it please??

TimotiStDatacenter TechnicianCommented:
It's like the picture you posted earlier:

Just to confirm: what type of router do you use?
totaramAuthor Commented:
OK... basically using RJ45 connection to router from BNC, then really we should not  need a vwic card, since nothing is getting connected to it..

I am getting my CPE concepts lot clearer now...
TimotiStDatacenter TechnicianCommented:
While it uses an RJ-45 style jack, the signals are not ethernet, so you'll need a VWIC card.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Networking Hardware-Other

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.