Hi, I am working on a computer that has a problem on startup- the bios screen shows up longer then normal then it says disk error.
But if you keep rebooting it (after you get that error), eventually it does work (maybe after 10-20 times on powering it up).
So I took the hard drive out and noticed a slight discoloration on the circuit board (attached to the hard drive). I removed the board for further inspection (which I have done with other drives plenty of times before) and when I flipped the board over, it was like a rainbow in certain areas on the board. I have seen this many times before in many systems that overheated, just never this severe (not even close).
Below are some photos:
Amazingly this desktop had very little dust inside, so I cant say dust caused this one to overheat. But from the photos would anyone agree that it is not normal and appears to have been overheated?
FYI- the make and model is: WD 3200AAKS 320 GB drive (full size)