I am using an old phpbb framework for a website. We've only just 'discovered' AJAX and are intending using it to update the site a bit.
With phpbb the basic file structure for each page of output is like this (eg: xyz.php)
1) main php files are in the root: \\xyz.php
2) functions are all in included files: \\include\function_xyz.php
3) template files are located: \\templates\myTheme\template_xyz.tpl
Is there a best practice (or even your own prejudice?) on where I should be putting functions/pages that I am calling from AJAX (eg: from the xyz.php HTML page)?
1) create a folder \\ajax\ajax_xyz.php, and call this from the UI
2) put the function which returns data to the ui in \\include\function_xyz.php, called from \\xyz.php, which in turn is called from the UI
3) etc etc...