Adobe Air with Flex on ios
Posted on 2012-04-02
I'm looking at creating an application that will have a fairly complex UI (and must be nicely designed) that can potentially run on an ios device (Probably IPad2). The application will take user input and post this data to an inhouse web service and display returned information on screen.
I'm fairly certain that adobe air and flex would be a good way of doing this but want to check that it fills all the boxes?
- Powerful enough visually - Yes
- Able to run on ios - Yes (and can be easily run on other platforms i believe)
- Can easily call web services - I'm not sure about this exact process but i have seen other services being called. Can somebody expand on this point?
- Allows device state management - I think so
- Complexity - I have no experience with any adobe product so would need to estimate the complexity.
- Able to work on an internal network - this doesn't really fit under adobe i assume, but i am unsure whether ios apps can access internal network resources?
Has anybody any experience in ios dev with/without adobe air? Anybody care to add any insights?
Thanks in advance