Microsoft CRM Dynamics 4.0 response times very slow
Posted on 2012-04-02
We have a small Microsoft CRM Dynamics 4.0 setup that is working as defined below - we have been experiencing alot of slow response times when users login and click thru the Sales module. Either when they go from account to account or when they got from an account to a contact - the response times have been between 30 seconds and sometimes up to a minute. I was not the person that configured the application or the servers so please bare with me - as I dont have much info to that end.
This is our current setup:
- about 30 users on the system
- users located in 2 different states
- CRM server/database are hosted "on-premise"
- CRM SQL server exists on a SQL clustered shared with about a dozen other applications
- Client machines, SQL server, and CRM serrver meet/exceed MS minimum requirements
- Email router is located on CRM server
The network lines between the server(s) and the offices have been checked and are working ok - with no errors.
The amount of data Accounts/Contacts we have on file is very small and should not be affecting the response times.
If I run a ping -t on the server during the "slow" response times I don't see any slowness or packet loss.
Wondering if there is something that maybe we could look at that we might have missed.
Thanks in advance for your help