Microsoft Licensing is either really complicated or i don't understand their language.
We are a office of 30 users.
- We want to setup three new Windows 2008 r2 servers
- One as Domain controller
- One with exchange server 2010
- One as a file server
At any giving point of time there wont be more than 5 terminal sessions required on each server.
1) Do we need cals on windows 2008 to use it as DC for 30 users ?
2) Do we need cals for windows 2008 to use it as a file server for 30 users?
3) When i get 30 user cals on exchange server 2010 do i again need 30 cals on the windows 2008 (on which exchange server 2010 is installed) ?
4) Do i need separate terminal licenses for each server 2008 r2 ?