WindowsIdentity method picks up old login name with new credentials

Hi, we have a web application that gets used by all users of the company using AD AUTHENTICATION.  Recently, we renamed some user logins since some employees got married.  Most users were able to login successfully after their login change but we still have 1 user who authenticates to her workstation with her new login but the application still picks up her old login such as JLEVY instead of JLEVINE.  

Ex. JLevy --> renamed to --> JLevine

To Troubleshoot, I did the following already:
-- Had user login to another workstation with her new credentials creating a brand new profile on the workstation for her but the website still pulls old login.

-- Ran the development version of the website but this version picks up the correct login on the same machine.

Please help!
LISCNYAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

2CsCommented:
In the properties of the user account under the Account tab, have you checked both the logon name and also the user logon name pre-windows 2000 to confirm they are both updated?
0
CodeCruiserCommented:
>-- Ran the development version of the website but this version picks up the correct login on the same machine.

Have you tried deleting cookies and other temp files?
0
LISCNYAuthor Commented:
I apologize for the late reply but I was able to resolve the issue.  Please take a look below.

After posting this question, I tried the following:
1) Restarted the IIS ADMIN SERVICE ---------> DID NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE
2) Restarted the Web Server ----------------> BINGO!!!

However, I don't know what fixed the issue but was also learning towards something that might've been cached in temp files that got released after the restart.  I'm curious to know what files could've been involved so next time perhaps I can avoid the restart.
Anyone has an idea?

Thanks for your response.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
CodeCruiserCommented:
I don't think you will be able to point finger at any particular files. Also, as you said, if the files are locked then you can't delete them.
0
LISCNYAuthor Commented:
My solution resolved the issue I have posted.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Visual Basic.NET

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.