• Server 2008 R2 SP1
• Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup v5 – Server has all roles. I have never removed any of these roles.
I am unable to search either via Outlook Web Access or Outlook Online Mode. The search attempts but yields no results. I am not running in Cached mode nor do I want to do so to resolve this.
Steps taken so far:
1. Ran the script .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 –force –all
2. Manually deleted the Exchange search cache.
3. Ran the script .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 then .\ResetSearchIndex.ps1 –force –all
1. I made sure that event id 109 shows after the crawl restart but I never see id 110 (to show that the crawl was finished).
4. Rebooted several times.
5. No useful information in eventvwr to show any errors or problems.
Search was working normally since the server came online at the end of 2010. I did have some problems with it two weeks ago and I ran the Step 1 above and it fixed the issue. However, recently search is entirely broken and will not run even with the above steps. No recent Windows updates or other changes made recently.