Centos cannot find ethernet card - virtual machine
Posted on 2012-04-04
I can't find my ethernet network card on my centos 6 virtual server. This is setup over a ESX platform.
1. When I run "ifconfig", it only shows my loopback interface
2. If I do system-config-network ( I see the network card with the correct ip address)
3. If I go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts ( I see ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-lo)
4. If I go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (the correct info is there)
5. When I do service network restart, I get a message that reads: Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.
6. On the VM settings is set to "Connected" and Connect at power on.
How do I fix this? thank you for your help