Windows Server 2003 won't Boot - Hangs at Splash Screen
Posted on 2012-04-05
We came in this morning to a hung server that users couldn't access. Upon rebooting it hangs at the Windows Server 2003 splash screen. Here are the specs & troubleshooting steps attempted so far:
* Server Hardware = HP ProLiant ML570 G2
* Server OS = Windows Server 2003
* HDD = 4 disks in a Raid 5 config
* Attempted most variations of booting to "Last Known Good Config", Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking
-> hangs each time at this file - acpitabl.dat
* Replaced the CMOS battery
-> attempted to update ACPI settings in BIOS - not visible/available?
* Removed 1 hdd & rebooted to try to "degrade" setup, then added back to normal hdd setup
* Boot to Windows Server 2003 cd, attempted Repair
-> it reported that it didn't find any disks?? ($65)
Any help is appreciated, thanks.