Solved

People Search - No people results matching your search were found.

Posted on 2012-04-05
3
1,953 Views
Last Modified: 2012-08-13
This is a continuation of my ordeal with rebuilding User Profile Services and all the associated components.  More details in here.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/MS-SharePoint/Q_27643594.html

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/MS-SharePoint/Q_27654890.html

Issue: Some users are not showing up in People Search resultseven though they are in the same OU as their colleagues.

This article was pretty useful in guiding me on how to setup the sps3:// URL in the Search Service -> Content Source:  http://www.sharepointanalysthq.com/2011/05/configuring-people-search-in-sharepoint-2010/

I did a index reset and attempted a full crawl and now my People Search returns no result.

Search Service - Content Source - Start Addresses:
http://intranet
http://my.company.com
sps3://my.company.com

User Profile Service - Administrators
Added the "spsearch" and gave it "Retrieve People Data for Search Crawler" permission

Right now when I go to:  http://my.company.com/_layouts/EditProfile.aspx?accountname=company%5Crandy

I can see my profile, but when I type in my name in people search nothing comes up.
0
Comment
Question by:randy915
  • 3
3 Comments
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
randy915 earned 0 total points
ID: 37812760
I went into Search Service application and under the "System Status" section I n oticed that my Default content access account is "Company\spservices"  (!!!).

I double checked by going to Cent Admin > Security > Specify web application user policy and I see both spservices and spsearch listed as "Search Crawling Account" to (All zones) and Full read permission.

Also in Search Service app > Content Source, I checked the crawl log and noticed a lot of entries with "Item was not crawled because of a password change. Update password and retry crawling."

What a mess...  But here's what I will do:

1. In User Profile Service application > Administrators
Added the "spservices" and give it "Retrieve People Data for Search Crawler" permission

2. In Search Service application and under the "System Status"
Click on the "Default content access account" name and updated the password

3. Retained the start address in the content source as this correct
http://intranet
http://my.company.com
sps3://my.company.com

4.  Clear index and kicked off a full crawl, fingers crossed...
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:randy915
ID: 37812765
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:randy915
ID: 37812790
All the errors went away in the crawler logs and results began to show up within 10 minutes of kicking off the crawl.
0

Featured Post

Ransomware-A Revenue Bonanza for Service Providers

Ransomware – malware that gets on your customers’ computers, encrypts their data, and extorts a hefty ransom for the decryption keys – is a surging new threat.  The purpose of this eBook is to educate the reader about ransomware attacks.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Pimping Sharepoint 2007 without Server-Side Code Part 1 One of my biggest frustrations with Sharepoint 2007 in the corporate world is that while good-intentioned managers lock down the more interesting capabilities of Sharepoint programming in…
The vision: A MegaMenu for a SharePoint portal home page The mission: Make it easy to maintain. Allow rich content and sub headers as well as standard links. Factor in frequent changes without involving developers or a lengthy Dev/Test/Prod rel…

820 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question