I am a NOVICE Mac Mail user. No points will be awarded for cryptic or responses that assume I am a Mac Mail expert. If I was, I would not be asking this questions :-)
1. I am using Hosted Exchange for email.
2. My hosted exchange has an Inbox with 5000 emails. This works fine in Outlook 2010.
3. I would like to switch of Mac Mail.
4. Is there a way in Mac Mail to auto-archive? I know that once I sync my Mac Mail client with the Exchange server, the client will barf between 2000 - 3000 message.
5. If there is no auto archive, what other options do I have to allow Mac Mail to handle a folder with 5000+ messages?
6. Saying, "Put the messages in 10 different folders on the server before you sync" is not an acceptable answer, as this Inbox is already there on the server side and I do not have any other means these messages directly on the server. To access these messages, I need to connect to this mail with a client.