In the interest of not writing a 10,000 page biography I will try to ask the following question with simply only the relevant data.
I need to know how or if I can change the path where the Intel Pro Wireless software saves profile information. Currently the path is “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intel\Wireless\WLANProfiles”
Tablet users cannot access profiles setting that are saved in the ”All Users” sub folder. This also blocks their ability to connect to any wireless network if they are using the Intel software.
A GPo setting is applies at boot that removes Users (user = non administrator) to write to any file/folder to “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\”
If a User is added to the local administrators group they can use then Intel software without any problems.
- No users should be a part of the local administrators group
- The GPo cannot be changed or amended for this issue
- Changing the folder rights will only work until the GPo hits the machine again
- Re-installing the software into directories where users had full rights did not help
- The Intel Software is needed to allow XP users to connect to LEAP in the office.
I hope this was enough info. Please let me know what your thoughts are.