In administrative events, I get the 315/2114 event/error at every startup. "The print spooler failed to share printer HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 with shared resource name HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6. Error 2114. The printer cannot be used by others on the network."
Here's the details:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event
<Execution ProcessID="1860" ThreadID="2924" />
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
- <ShareFailed xmlns:auto-ns3="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events
<Param2>HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6</Param2>
<Param3>HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6</Param3>
THE PRINTER, CONNECTED VIA A NETWORK CONNECTION, WORKS FINE, AND I CAN SHARE IT WITH A MACAIR WIRELESSLY ON THE LAN. But I still get that warning/error on every startup. I understand that the spooler is trying to start before the server service has started.
1. Checked all file and service dependencies for spooler and server. All seem okay and are started.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver. No help.
3. Tried this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd393219%28WS.10%29.aspx
4. Tried this: "net stop lanmanserver" stop and start print spooler, then "net start lanmanserver." Event 315 returns after a couple of days.
5. IF i print, on the next restart I do not get the error. If I don't print I do.
6. This EE exchange indicates its a WIB7/64 bug and elsewhere I've read it only started appearing after SP1.
Question 1. Is it indeed a bug and should I ignore it and wait (till hell freezes over) for MS to issue an update. I notice that same is true with events 35 and 59 and MS says to ignore those, but there is no MS bulletin on 315/2114 event/error appearing despite the printer working and sharing properly.
Question 2. If it's not a bug in the OS, any way to stop the warning/error in the Admin log?