I am trying to move all data from a single Ex2010 multirole (CAS/HUB/MBX) server to another multirole server, serverB (CAS/HUB/MBX).
The old server (ServerA) is close to dying and I understand that I need to transfer all data to a new Exchange server.
So far so good. But the problem is pointing the Outlook 2010 clients to the new server.
This is what I have done so far:
1. Moved all mailboxes to a new mailbox database on the new server (ServerB).
2. Enabled and imported a public UCC certificate.
3. Moved OAB generation to ServerB
4. Created receive connectors on serverB, similar to ServerA.
5. Redirected mailflow by updating NAT rules on my firewall (both servers are public internet facing, so mail is flowing in and out correctly.
6. Updated both mailbox databases, so both points to ServerB. (Get-MailboxDatabase | fl rpc* shows ServerB).
But Outlook 2010 clients are still pointing to ServerA and is not starting at all if I shutdown ServerA. I can see in Outlook that it connects to ServerB for OAB, but still 3 connections to ServerA.
Any way I can solve this?
I was thinking that pointing the mailbox databases to the new RPCClientAccessServer would automatically redirect the clients.