On our windows 2008 domain, the Administrator ID just stopped being able to RDP. I also noticed that when logging into our VMWare VCS and Vcenter that it comes back and says the ID / PW is incorrect.
I was able to RDP into the DC with another ID that had permissions and changed the pw. I also made sure the account wasn't disabled. I was still getting the same message when trying to RDP, connect to VCS, and connect to Vcenter.
Using a different domain ID with permissions I have no problems getting to all 3 of these servers.
This was working yesterday and just stopped today. The odd thing is that once I log into the DC using the other ID. I can connect fine to the VCenter and to the VCS using the Administrator ID. When testing the RDP to the DC, VCenter, and VCS I am connecting from a computer that is not on the domain. So maybe it is a domain issue, but I can login from the same computer using a different domain ID.
I went through the windows event logs on the DC and don't see anything showing up.