hi as a learning curve/test, ive configured a win 2003 domain platform attached to a win 2003/2 nic - 'isa 2006' standard via netgear router box direct to internet successfully providing internet access for internal domain users and a successful remote vpn.
my next task is to learn and configure the 'site-to-site vpn/branch office etc
note: currently i only have 32bit machines and have setup in the passed a windows 2008 32 bit basic user domain for learning curve.
note: i am aware tmg 2012 requires a win 2008/64 bit platform as not supported on win 2003!!
note: forefront tmg is not supported on all editions of windows server 2008
- Installation of forefront tmg is only supported in standard, enterprise and datacenter edition and is not supported on windows server core!
i am now reading 'url':
question 1. am i understanding below correct that i should do the following:
- 'export' my isa 2006/standard and save
- complete fresh install of - TMG_ENU_Management_x86
- lastly 'import' - saved isa 2006/standard configurations
"In-place upgrade from ISA Server 2004/2006 to Forefront TMG is not supported
- You have to export the ISA Server configuration and to import this configuration on a fresh TMG installation" - ?
what is the difference between isa 2006 & forefront tmg ?
as i have downloaded both 'evaluation copies' im trying to understand when i should use:
- isa 2006 enterprise - ?
- TMG_ENU_Management_x86 - ?
it would be appreciated if i could get a specific answer to each of the 3 questions above so will have some direction as i have chosen to learn step by step and eventually evolve across to 'tmg 2012' when i have 64 bit machines!! :)