Need your help. I have a client who has a SBS 2003 server with Exchange 2003. I am trying to get mail on an iPhone (or any smartphone) via this Exchange server. This thing is kicking my you know what. Anyway, I found a neat little routine that you can run that simulates an iPhone with all the email/exchange configurations and tells you why you can NOT connect (get/send email). So I did it and the results are below. Basically, the last section says "Certificate Name Validation failed"...so I assume it's a certificate issue...I am looking for steps to solve this so that the user's can get their email on their smartphone. Thanks in advance for your help/comments.
FYI: I went to https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com
and put in the required user and email configuration information (just like you'd do to configure an iPhone for Exchange). The following are the results. See last portion about Certificate Name Validation.
ExRCA is testing Exchange ActiveSync.
The Exchange ActiveSync test failed.
Attempting to resolve the host name mail.balmoving.com in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.
IP addresses returned: xx.xx.xx.xx
Testing TCP port 443 on host mail.balmoving.com to ensure it's listening and open.
The port was opened successfully.
Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.
ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server mail.balmoving.com on port 443.
ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.
Remote Certificate Subject: CN=office.balmoving.com, CN=companyweb, CN=sbs, CN=localhost, CN=sbs.balmoving.local, Issuer: CN=office.balmoving.com, CN=companyweb, CN=sbs, CN=localhost, CN=sbs.balmoving.local.
Validating the certificate name.
Certificate name validation failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
Host name mail.balmoving.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=office.balmoving.com, CN=companyweb, CN=sbs, CN=localhost, CN=sbs.balmoving.local.