Exchange Free/Busy, Out of office

Hello,

We have recently installed a new Exchange 2010 environment in a Data Center for a customer.  This is not a migration or an upgrade, it is a clean install.  We have two Exchange servers behind a Barracuda load balancer.  All users connect via RPC over HTTPS.  Everything is working correctly except that Free/Busy information does not display in Outlook (Your server location could not be determined. Contact your administrator.) and Automatic Replies cannot be set from Outlook (Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable.  Try again later.)

I know this is usually an issue with AutoDiscover but I made these changes to correct that:

Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory –InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml”
 
Get-ClientAccessServer | Set-ClientAccessServer –AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri “https://mail.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml”
 
Get-WebservicesVirtualDirectory | Set-WebservicesVirtualDirectory –InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Ews/Exchange.asmx”
 
Get-OabVirtualDirectory | Set-OabVirtualDirectory –InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Oab”
 
Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | Set-OwaVirtualDirectory –InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Owa”
 
Get-EcpVirtualDirectory | Set-EcpVirtualDirectory –InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Ecp”
 
Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Server $CASserver | Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -InternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync"
 

Set the External URLs.
 
Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory –ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml”
 
Get-webservicesVirtualDirectory | Set-webservicesVirtualDirectory –ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Ews/Exchange.asmx”
 
Get-OabVirtualDirectory | Set-OabVirtualDirectory –ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Oab”
 
Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | Set-OwaVirtualDirectory –ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Owa”
 
Get-EcpVirtualDirectory | Set-EcpVirtualDirectory –ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Ecp”
 
Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory | Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -ExternalUrl “https://mail.domain.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync”

It was not a single name Cert but we did not include Autodiscover.domain.com in the 5 name so I switched everything to Mail.domain.com but we are still getting the same issues.  I have also tried numerous fixes from this post.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/A_2300-Outlook-continually-prompting-for-username-and-password.html

The only other configuration that I think might be a problem is with the Load Balancer but I haven't had luck working with Barracuda to diagnose.  

Any information on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan
danszklutAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

doublestickCommented:
To eliminate the load balancer as a problem maybe you could just bypass it temporarily.
0
danszklutAuthor Commented:
We are now bypassing the Load Balancer and there is no difference.  I guess we can safely assume that it is not the issue.

Thanks,

Dan
0
Big Business Goals? Which KPIs Will Help You

The most successful MSPs rely on metrics – known as key performance indicators (KPIs) – for making informed decisions that help their businesses thrive, rather than just survive. This eBook provides an overview of the most important KPIs used by top MSPs.

doublestickCommented:
or directly related to free/busy error....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184151
0
danszklutAuthor Commented:
Hi doublestick,

I have tried both methods to no avail.  I ran the Microsoft Remote Configuration Analyzer tool and I am attaching the output.  I don't know if that will help any.

Thanks,

Dan
RCAnalyser.JPG
0
danszklutAuthor Commented:
After countless hours working on different fixes for this issue with no positive results I have finally gotten this issue resolved.  I had to add autodiscover.domain.com to my certificate and re-import it.  I would recommend saving yourself a load of headaches and doing this from the start.  Every fix I applied, to change the autodiscover name in exchange to something else, did not work.  Adding autodiscover as a name on the cert has resolved several issues I have had ongoing with multiple clients running exchange 2007/2010.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
danszklutAuthor Commented:
The issue was resolved by applying the fix I listed in my comment
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.