I followed the instructions below (from http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/
) to make my USB flash drive (4GB) bootable, but when the computer starts (after setting USB as first boot device in BIOS), I am getting the error message "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart".
** from the instructions on the web page above, the only instruction that I did not follow is copying Windows 7 CD into my USB drive as the last step.
I need to apply the firmware on the HD controller. Since this computer does not have a FD, I thought I create a bootable jump drive, copy the flash files to it and boot to the USB drive to apply firmware.
1. In Windows 7, Open CMD window as administrator
3. list disk
4. DISKPART> select disk 1
5. DISKPART> clean
6. DISKPART> create partition primary
7. DISKPART> select partition 1
8. DISKPART> active
9. DISKPART> format fs=ntfs
10. DISKPART> assign
11. DISKPART> exit
12. Insert Windows 7 OS CD in the CD/DVD ROM Drive (D:).
D BOOT ("D” is your DVD drive letter)
14. D:\>CD BOOT
15. D:\BOOT>BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 E: ("E" is USB drive letter)