hi there a new provider called: 'virgin media' have sent me a new blackberry phone and i have 14 days to test otherwise i can return it unless i can get confirmation as it will work!
i have been browsing the following sites: but need a quick answer first of all 'yes or no' if i would be wasting 14 days unneccessarily and then stuck with the blackberry!!
my plan was to do the following to learn practically what to do & then disconnect it!
1. configure windows 2003 ad/dns/gpmc domain server
2. configure my exchange 2003 server & create an email account & test is functional
3. install exchange enterprise software on exchange 2003 server or Enterprise Server Express - Free software to mobilize email platforms for growing businesses - (not sure)
4. 123reg.co.uk - add an mx record
5. download relevant 'bes' software as shown below
6. blackberry curve 9300 - connect to internet and download relevant software for 'bbm'
ive just rang my new provider: virgin media and spoke to their basic blackberry technical team and was advised that they were not sure if this could be done as they use what is known as:
- 'bis software' - virgin media use this
- 'bes software' - blackberry use this
i have already browsed the website that provides instructions:
bes manual/flash videos:
Enterprise Server Express - Free software to mobilize email platforms for growing businesses
im not sure what a 'windows mobile' is but have seen an iphone but cannot afford one so i have ignored these for the time being as i now have a blackberry!!!