PXE-E53 No boot filename received trying on WDS Windows 2008 R2 x64
Posted on 2012-04-12
I am trying to set up PXE boot at our site. I get the famous "PXE-E53 No boot filename received" message with trying to PXE boot from a laptop.
Here's the steps I've got so far:
1) On a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server:
a) Installed SolarWinds TFTP Server. Configured to point to directory with *.wim files
b) Installed WDS Service.
2) DHCP is running from Cisco switch.
3) There are three different VLANS involved:
Switch - VLAN 10, 10.38.36.*)
Servers - VLAN 30, 10.38.38.*
Workstations - VLAN 201, 10.38.46.*
4) DHCP setup for workstation VLAN 201:
ip dhcp pool vlan_201
network 10.38.46.0 255.255.255.0
next-server 10.38.38.16 (IP of my TFTP server)
dns-server 10.38.38.17 10.38.0.134
5) One boot image of Windows 7 32-bit (all workstations are running it) loaded in WDS.
Does anyone have ideas on my next steps to diagnose the problem?