Uninstallation Exchange 2003 fails
Posted on 2012-04-13
we have succesfully finished the migration frim exchange 2003 to exchange 2010.
All roles have been transferred an the old exchange2003 server has been switched off for about 2 months now.
I have a testing environment where I tried to uninstall the exchange2003 server.
I did following:
1. Change RUS-Server from EXCH2003 to EXCH2010
2. Deleted Sending Connectors from EXCH2003
3. Checked whether the EXCH2003 is Remote-Bridgehead
4. Checked that all mailboxes are moved (except System-mailboxes)
5. Checked that all public folder replicas are moved
6. Checked that EXCH2003 is not routinggroup-master
7. Deleted information-store on EXCH2003
8. Deleted infromation-store for public folders
9. Deleted Routinggroup-Connectors
After that I tried to uninstall the EXCH2003 via setup-program.
While doing that there is an error during uninstalling (unexspected error...).
Uninstallation fails after that with some error-ids.
After that I tried to manually delte the server. One step while doing that is to delete the old server fro organisation using the system manager. Problem is that the system manager is not working properly since the uninstallation has failed.
I don`t know whether those errors occur in pruductional environment too.
Do I have to manually delete the old server? (ADSIEDIT and so on...)
How do I manually delete the server?
What will happen if I don`t uninstall the old EXCH2003 and don`t delete it manually? Will this produce any problems in the future?
Thanks for your help!