We have DNS configured on Windows 2008 R2 DC.
DNS resolving internally fine.
Problem is resolving some external (internet) site.
DNS will resolve xyz.com
After a while dns will give Non-existent Domain for xyz.com
When we clear a cache or restart a DNS service, DNS will resolve xyz.com again.
we did the following:
- Configured conditional forwarding for specific site.
- Forward to ISP DNS.
- Disable EDNS0.
- Edit MaxCacheTTL http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968372
- Install the hotfix provided by microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2508835
Still we are facing same problem.
We installed the nwtwok monitor to check really what is happening and find the following:
- First time it resolved the site successfully. After a while it gives response :Name Error.