I might be a bit confused here so perhaps someone can correct me where I am wrong...
1. I wish to enable port forwarding so that I can view my home security cameras from outside my home. I understand that I will eventually need a service like DDNS but right now I just want to test this out.
Modem/firewall: Actiontec v1000h
Networked DVR details:
IP address: 192.168.1.100 (static)
What I tried:
1. Under Firewall, I clicked on Firewall settings and selected Firewall security level HIGH.
2. Checked both boxes (Traffic In/Out) for T120, Conferencing Service, port1503
3. Clicked Port Forwarding
4. For "Set the LAN port...", entered Start port: 1503, end port 1503
5. Protocol: TCP
6. LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.100
7. Ignored "Set the remote port...."
8. Clicked Apply
On the iPhone:
Device IP: Modem's temporary WAN address
Device port: 1503
User name and pass
But this configuration fails with a time out. It should also be noted:
a) This works from inside lan on 192.168.1.100
b) I also tried a similar configuration for an IP camera and also failed to connect from the WAN.
c) I tried and failed at testing with other Firewall settings (step 1)
Any ideas? Thank you