We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

ActiveSync does not work after Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

RCM01
RCM01 used Ask the Experts™
on
I have migrated mailboxes from an Exchange 2003 server to a new Exchange 2010 SP2 server. OWA and Outlook work fine for all users, but EAS does not. I can create the account for iOS and Android and the mailbox folders names are downloaded, but no mail items are loaded. A sync can be manually started and completed, but no mail appears.

No errors are given on the device or application logs.
both activesync tests at https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ finish without error.
I have checked the inherit permissions for each users' security settings and it is selected.
Exchange 2010 readiness tool did not indicate any issues.
All Exchange Services are started
The Exchange 2010 server holds Client Access, HT and Mailbox roles.

What am I missing?
Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
Alan HardistyCo-Owner
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
Have you installed a 3rd party SSL certificate or are you using the self-issued certificate?

What AV has been installed on the server (if anything)?

Author

Commented:
A third party cert was installed (godaddy). No AV installed
Alan HardistyCo-Owner
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
Okay - so sync is working - supposedly.

By default the sync will only pull down 3 days of mail and only pull mail for the Inbox.  Is there mail in the inbox newer than 3 days and if you select to sync other folders, do you see any mail in the other folders that you have selected to sync?
I have this exact same issue!!!  Exactly how you explain it. I hope someone can come in with some insight.

I have an account that was migrated empty and it seems to be working ok. I migrated mine, and I have the same problems you describe.  I also have a problem where the one account that is working is fine, but mine keeps saying that it has an error connecting to the server.  It's very annoying!
I can confirm that this article is correct.  It fixed the issue for me.  Looks like I'm going to be migrating to an admin account sooner than I thought.

Author

Commented:
@JL, thanks for adding the link and comments. For us, after a couple of days it started working on it's own. We moved on and forgot to close this thread.