I've set up an installation of Google Chrome through GPO using instructions I've been given and I log on as the test user and it doesn't seem to be working. I am a rookie when it comes to GPO but here are the steps I followed:
1) Downloaded the .msi for Google chrome, along with the templates. Saved them to C\Software\templates and shared it.
2) Started GPO management, under my domain and GPOs created 'Test-Chrome'.
3) Edit GPO, under 'Computer Configuration -> Policies -> software settings -> software installation', I chose the .msi package I want to install. I used the network path as the path this will install from, not straight link to the C drive.
4) Under 'administrative templates' I choose 'add' and found 'chrome.adm' and added it.
5) From that I just configured some hope page and password management settings.
6) Linked the GPO to the domain and under "security filtering" I added just my single test user from Active Directory. Link Enabled is checked at this point.
7) Started cmd prompt on both the test PC and the DC and used 'gpupdate /force' and the GPO successfully updates.
The only thing I know that I haven't done for sure is restart any machines because these are in live production.
From there I logged off the test PC and back on and am not finding chrome anywhere.
When I log in as the test user, under 'add/remove programs/ I DO see Google Chrome, but there are no details populated. When I attempt to try to uninstall or update it I receive 'the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. I checked the share again and all users have full privileges. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your help and please let me know if you need other details.