Laptop. Win7 64-bit, 32GB RAM with 1.5x virtual mem file. OS patches up to date:
When the computer is left idle for an extended period, it seems to get stuck in a semi-awake state where the latency is so bad, it becomes almost unresponsive.
1. A reboot will not fix. The computer must be shut down for at least 30 seconds.
2. This occurs whether hibernation is enabled or disabled. (currently disabled)
3. This occurs regardless of the application open at the time - even if none are open.
4. Closing all active applications does not fix.
5. During this state, the fan is on high.
6. Began occuring over the last 4 weeks with no apparent changes in environment, but could have been an update??