Digitally moving center speaker audio

whocaresaboutit used Ask the Experts™
The center speakers plug coming out of a sub-woofer on a 5.1 audio system has been damaged, any speaker I connect to the center speaker plug has a nettlesome sound to it. I am wondering of software which would allow me to move the center speakers sound to another speaker (ie: front left speaker).
Thanks in advance
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
Inbuilt software i.e. the one from Realteck or Creative depending upon the sound card/inbuilt chip you have allows you to modify speaker configuration.

You should be allowed to change the speaker configuration from 5.1 to quadrophonic or may be 4.1 which means telling the system that there is no center speaker.

Sound of center speaker, then be directed to other speakers


Moving to quadraphonic worked great, thanks!

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial